Neil and Chris catch up at south Indian “village restaurant” Chettinad off Tottenham Court Road to record this episode of All Consumed. After enjoying a delicious meal, Chris talks Luddites and the antiauthoritarian spirit of Nottingham as Neil speaks to the joys of old school dining. Neil does Barbie; Chris does Oppenheimer. A number of other recs on what to see, eat, drink and read are shared, including Neil’s opinion on the best way to spend £28 in London at the moment.The duo ends the show pondering why anyone ever would want to teach their granny to suck eggs.
- Chettinad: chettinadrestaurant.com
- Nottingham Castle: nottinghamcastle.org.uk
- Luddites: wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite
- Topo Giogio: topogigioewell.com
- Chef Tom Sellers: tomsellers.co.uk
- Dovetail: 1hotels.com/mayfair/taste/dovetale
- Manzi’s of Soho: manzis.co.uk
- Shot London: shotlondon.com
- Barbie: warnerbros.co.uk/movies/barbie
- What about Men by Caitlin Moran: penguin.co.uk/books/447366
- Oppenheimer: oppenheimermovie.co.uk
- Barbican Centre: barbican.org.uk
- Gaston Chaissac at Michael Werner Gallery: michaelwerner.com
- Teaching grandmother to suck eggs: wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaching_grandmother_to_suck_eggs
Download and subscribe to All Consumed at Apple Podcasts.